Research and development
Nanomaterials represent a rapidly growing, strategic field with considerable economic potential.
Graphistrength® R&D team missions
Synthesis of Graphistrength® multi-wall carbon nanotubes
- catalyst optimization
- process optimization
- optimization of production costs
- renewable raw materials
Development of products in the Graphistrength® product range
- continuous improvement of products' properties
- optimization of products' dispersibility
- adaptation of the range to customers needs
Development of applications
- low concentration additive in thermoplastic
- improvement of mechanical properties in concrete
- high purity additive for Lithium-ion batteries
- ESD and shielding coatings
Cooperation and partnership
In many areas in which carbon nanotubes are used, the Arkema group R&D teams largely focus on application and use application methods that are representative of its customers' practices.
In particular, as a leading international chemical company heavily involved in the development of polymer materials, the Arkema group operates its own facilities within its R&D centers and pilot sites for the processing of thermoplastic, thermoset and elastomer resins, with the related know-how.
Finally, the Arkema group is establishing a large number of cooperations and partnership ventures with various players from academia and industry involved in carbon nanotube applications.